Ylang Ylang is a highly valued ingredient in many commercially available perfumes including some of the world’s top sellers. It provides a wonderful floral base note to the blend, while the Sweet Orange adds life and a touch of zing. The woody undertones provided by Sandalwood give this blend a deep and satisfying aroma.
Sandalwood can be one of the more expensive oils out there so if you’re looking for a more affordable alternative which still offers a similar aroma and properties, you can use Sandalwood Amyris or Cedarwood. As with our other all-natural perfume blends, you not only get a gorgeous fragrance but the scent will also provide an uplifting feeling thanks to the properties of the essential oils.
- 4 tablespoons of Beeswax Pellets.
- 4 tablespoons of Carrier or Vegetable oil
- 35 drops of Sweet Orange – sweet and bright orange gives a lift to this blend, balancing the heavier tones. It is pleasing to most and offers some wonderfully uplifting and joyful properties!
- 30 drops of Ylang Ylang – the ‘flower of flowers’ is a romantic, sweet, floral scent. It’s found in many different high grade perfumes.
- 25 drops of Sandalwood - warm, sweet, rich and woody; sandalwood certainly has a signature scent often recognizable and loved by many. Another oil which is found in many commercially available perfumes.
- Some empty little jars or tins for the finished product.
It’s a good idea to blend the essential oils together before you start making the rest of the perfume.
Put the beeswax pellets in a bowl and suspend over simmering water in a hot pan. Once melted, add your carrier or vegetable oil and stir well. Then add the essential oil blend and give it another good stir. Pour the mix into your containers. They’ll take an hour or two to set and then they’re ready to go!
See our other Solid Perfume blogs for the base recipe and other ideas for essential oil blends. You can always replace the oils we use with your own favourites to create a bespoke perfume exclusive to you!