New season, new face mask!
September is here meaning back to school and college for many of you. This time can be very exciting, but it can also be very stressing for some. With heavy workloads and the change in weather, it can really take its toll on your skin causing it to break out, become oily and very problematic.
The Amazing Benefits of Face Masks
It’s safe to say everyone loves a good pampering session especially using face masks. One of the main advantages of using face masks is that they offer a wide range of skincare benefits in one easy application. You can use one to cleanse, clarify, moisturise or brighten your skin – the list could go on!
But many of us are still unsure about which ones to use and how to use them. If you happen to be questioning your face mask knowledge, we’ve put together a list of facts and tips that will help you learn the benefits a face mask can offer.
• Finding the right mask for you – if you have oily/combination skin our Dead Sea Cooler mask is perfect for deep cleansing as it draws out impurities to help reduce the production of sebum. If you have mature/dull skin needing that little pick-me-up our Rosie Glow mask is the one for you, it is intensely nourishing and balancing for the skin with help from our gorgeous Rose essential oil. If you have dry/sensitive skin our Star Glow is ideal for you as the key ingredients are Vanilla and Honey as well as Almond & Argan oil to help keep the skin soft, smooth and hydrated.
• Pre cleanse – Always use your daily cleanser before applying the mask. This is important as any makeup, dirt and oil can prevent getting all the benefits the mask is intended for. Open up pores by washing your face and neck with warm water.
• Application – Using damp hands, apply the mask to your damp skin. Never rub the mask directly into your skin – it should be applied like a frosting on a cake. Be sure to avoid the eye area and extend the mask from your face, down your neck and throat.
• Sit back and relax – Usually face masks should be left on for 10-20 minutes. If left longer it may not work as it is designed too and cause very dry skin. You can use face masks weekly but if you have oily/combination skin its ok to do this up to 2 times.
• Splash off – You don’t want to be too rough when removing it. Use plenty of warm water. Once rinsed off splash your face with cold water to close the pores and then pat dry, don’t rub your skin.
• Moisturise - Follow with a toner and a moisturiser that has been designed to help your skin type. This again shrinks pores, moisturises the skin and locks in the benefits of your mask! Avoid over-moisturising as this will clog your freshly cleared pores! Try AA Skincares’s Frankincense and Rose Face Toner and Frankincense and Rose Moisturising Face Lotion.
We hope these tips help you when applying your face mask!
Naturally Effective Alternatives to Microbeads
With around eight million tonnes of plastic waste entering our oceans every year, there is a push for the UK government to ban plastic microbeads in beauty and personal care products - following the example set by the US and other countries around the world. Two thirds of Brits are in favour of a ban,
Brand new natural Ooharr clay face masks
Have you seen our new Ooharr face masks?
Treating yourself to a face mask is a great way to treat skin concerns and keep your complexion balanced and healthy. There are plenty of different formulas available, each designed to help certain skin types and we have recently launched our fun, full of goodness and retro-inspired natural face masks and they are only £1.20 a sachet!
Finding the right mask for you is always hard if you are new to face masks so I will be talking about the different face masks, the key ingredients and focusing on their benefits to help get you to the soft, smooth and supple skin you wish for!
Dead Sea Cooler
• Peppermint, Tea Tree and Witch Hazel are the key ingredients in this face mask to help you achieve that brighter and clearer complexion
• Contains Dead Sea salts which helps open pores and detoxify.
• Kaolin Clay is great for deep cleansing as it draws out the impurities and helps reduce the production of sebum.
• Suitable for spot prone and oily skin.
• Rose is the key ingredient which helps to regenerate and renew tired, mature and dry skill cells.
• Intensely nourishing and balancing.
• Protects the skin from environmental damage.
• Contains Dead Sea salts which help open pores, detoxify and moisturise the skin leaving it soft and supple.
• Montmorillonite clay is deep cleansing as well as hydrating to help you achieve rejuvenated skin.
• Suitable for Mature, dry and needing a ‘pick-me-up’ skin.
• Vanilla and Honey are the key ingredients as well as Almond and Argan oil to keep the skin soft, smooth and hydrated.
• Perfect for any skin irritations as Aloe Vera is another ingredient which helps to cool and calm the irritated places.
• Contains Dead Sea Salts to open pores and detoxify the skin.
• Bentonite Clay has a special ability to act as an antibiotic when applied to the skin and can help calm skin infections as well as draw out impurities
• Suitable for dry, sensitive and irritated skin.
Which one will you try?
ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR HEALTHY SUMMER HAIR
Harsh weather and cold winter months can take its toll on your hair - leaving it dry, frizzy, and totally unmanageable by springtime. Now the weather warming up and humidity is slowly increasing, this is the perfect time to revitalize and moisturise your hair in preparation for summer.