Displaying items by tag: Relaxing
Pampering yourself - Stay home & Spa!
Are you overwhelmed and stressed by this lockdown? Are you longing to release the uneasiness from this isolation?
Top Body Care Tips with Amphora Aromatics.
The Amazing Benefits of Face Masks
It’s safe to say everyone loves a good pampering session especially using face masks. One of the main advantages of using face masks is that they offer a wide range of skincare benefits in one easy application. You can use one to cleanse, clarify, moisturise or brighten your skin – the list could go on!
But many of us are still unsure about which ones to use and how to use them. If you happen to be questioning your face mask knowledge, we’ve put together a list of facts and tips that will help you learn the benefits a face mask can offer.
• Finding the right mask for you – if you have oily/combination skin our Dead Sea Cooler mask is perfect for deep cleansing as it draws out impurities to help reduce the production of sebum. If you have mature/dull skin needing that little pick-me-up our Rosie Glow mask is the one for you, it is intensely nourishing and balancing for the skin with help from our gorgeous Rose essential oil. If you have dry/sensitive skin our Star Glow is ideal for you as the key ingredients are Vanilla and Honey as well as Almond & Argan oil to help keep the skin soft, smooth and hydrated.
• Pre cleanse – Always use your daily cleanser before applying the mask. This is important as any makeup, dirt and oil can prevent getting all the benefits the mask is intended for. Open up pores by washing your face and neck with warm water.
• Application – Using damp hands, apply the mask to your damp skin. Never rub the mask directly into your skin – it should be applied like a frosting on a cake. Be sure to avoid the eye area and extend the mask from your face, down your neck and throat.
• Sit back and relax – Usually face masks should be left on for 10-20 minutes. If left longer it may not work as it is designed too and cause very dry skin. You can use face masks weekly but if you have oily/combination skin its ok to do this up to 2 times.
• Splash off – You don’t want to be too rough when removing it. Use plenty of warm water. Once rinsed off splash your face with cold water to close the pores and then pat dry, don’t rub your skin.
• Moisturise - Follow with a toner and a moisturiser that has been designed to help your skin type. This again shrinks pores, moisturises the skin and locks in the benefits of your mask! Avoid over-moisturising as this will clog your freshly cleared pores! Try AA Skincares’s Frankincense and Rose Face Toner and Frankincense and Rose Moisturising Face Lotion.
We hope these tips help you when applying your face mask!
'Yogaromas' Essential Oils For Your Yoga Practice
Essential Oils for your Yoga Practice
There’s no doubt that aromatherapy and yoga compliment one another beautifully. Each offer us a useful way to practice mindfulness and relaxation, helping us reduce stress levels and deal with the challenges that life can pose. Here are some of our top tips on how
School’s out for summer!! Aromatherapy blends to help you survive the school holidays.
School’s out for summer!! It’s a great chance to spend time with the kids and take a break from the usual routine (it is certainly a time welcomed by teachers across the country).
Summer holidays can also pose a challenge for parents, left with the task of entertaining children on a daily basis and keeping everything calm
Aromatherapy for stress relief - 3 Essential oils for Calming the Mind
Aromatherapy for stress relief
3 essential oils for calming the mind
Aromatherapy is often used to help reduce stress levels and to help us practice mindfulness.
The practice of mindfulness is a combination of meditation, yoga, breathing techniques and bringing yourself into awareness of the present moment.
Relax and Unwind with Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is widely loved and renowned for being one of the most valuable essential oils to help us relax and reduce stress levels. Incorporating the use of Lavender oil into your day to day life can be incredibly beneficial in so many different areas.
With the summer school holidays reaching an end, you may find yourselves under pressure to ensure the children are all ready and prepared to return back to school. You may be a student about to embark on your new journey to university or if you’re like me, you may have started getting concerned about the autumn days drawing in, with less daylight hours and cooler weather. Aromatherapy can help us embrace these changes positively and help beat feelings of anxiety during this time of transition. New beginnings and the autumn months are after all, something to celebrate and it can be a really beautiful time of year .
Because stress is often argued to be one of the roots causes of minor health problems, sleep deprivation and other problems that arise in our lives. This is what makes the practice of aromatherapy so incredibly beneficial to us, and what’s more it can be so easy to incorporate to your daily routines, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time preparing and organising it. In this blog, we’re going to look at just a few ways in which you can use Lavender essential oil in and around the home to help create a relaxing and stress free environment for you and your family to enjoy.
(1) Lavender before bedtime to help induce a good night’s sleep – one of the classic but really effective ways of using Lavender is to add a few drops to your pillow below bed time. Alternatively, you can add 2-3 drops to a cotton ball and place it inside the pillow case to avoid staining the covers. The scent of Lavender is renowned for helping centre our thoughts and slow down a racing mind (often the key cause of sleep deprivation).
(2) Use it to calm nerves – new beginnings such as the first day back at school can be a nerve wracking time! Lavender has on many occasions been shown to help soothe nervous tension and ease us into a calmer and more stable emotional state. If you’re a new university student, try keeping a bottle with you to use as and when needed. For younger children, we’d recommend to always ensure they are supervised by an adult – a few drops on a handkerchief or tissue would be a good alternative in the case of children.
(3) Diffuse Lavender to fill your home with its relaxing scent – using a traditional oil burner or electric fragracner, you can vaporize the calming oil to create a stress free atmosphere at home. Perfect to help you unwind after a busy day (to help calm excitable children!). here are a few ideas for relaxing Lavender blends you can try at home:
(4) Ease away your worries with a relaxing bath – an aromatherapy bath will be beneficial not only for relaxing the mind, but also helping release tension in the muscles; a great choice if you’ve been on your feet all day. A simple, yet incredibly effective relaxing bath recipe could be adding 2-4 drops of Lavender and a cup of Epsom salts to a tub of warm water (alternatively, you could use this as a foot spa and relax whilst reading or watching a film!). The Epsom salts and Lavender work wonderfully together to help you feel restored after a stressful day.
(5) Add a few drops to your shampoo, shower gel and body lotion – a lovely simple way of enjoying the benefits of Lavender essential oil is to simply incorporate it into your morning or evening shower routine. You can also add a few drops to the shower floor and enjoy the aroma as it diffuses through the steam. A great alternative if you don’t have the time for a bath.
There you have just a few great ideas on how to make the most of this wonderful oil. Taking time to unwind and relax is more important than we give it credit for; especially for those of us with a never ending list of tasks. Having some quality time to relax and unwind can help us to face the world with a fresh mind and ease ourselves into new situations. Using essential oils may not work miracles, but it can certainly offer a helping hand. Whether this be helping us get a good nights’ sleep, easing feelings of anxiety or simply helping us to create a warm and inviting space in our own homes where we can enjoy spending quality ‘me’ time; using essential oils to relax is a hugely enjoyable way to reap the many benefits of their properties they have to offer.
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog, we hope you have found this useful and make sure you keep an eye out for more FREE tips and advice to come.
Spotlight on Amphora Aromatic's Essential Oils
Spotlight on Chamomile (Roman) essential oil.
Soothing, calming, and relaxing.
Renowned for its incredible calming properties (many of us may have turned to chamomile tea to help us get a good night’s sleep). Chamomile has been used in herbalism for 2,000 years
Spotlight On Amphora Aromatic's Essential Oils
Relaxing and calming
Relaxing and uplifting Bergamot essential oil is a beautiful citrusy-sweet oil which can help boost the immune system. When it is vaporised, Bergamot creates a calming ambience and is one of the most frequently used oils to treat psychological issues