on the outside, it also needs constant care on the inside.
Now that our bodies are coming out of hibernation from the cold winter weather, let’s talk about some helpful body care tips to help kick start the new month.
• DRINK ENOUGH WATER – Firstly, this is one of the most important tips. Water is the main component of the body and the amount of water you consume everyday plays an important role in maintaining a healthy body. It has numerous health benefits - it relieves fatigue, improves the mood, can treat headaches and migraines, helps digestion, aids weight loss and flushes out toxins from your body. Why not add a slice of lemon to your glass of water to give your immune system a boost?
• MOISTURISE - The lack of moisture on the skin can cause it to become dry and more prone to wrinkling, especially in the winter. Boost hydration by moisturising all over your body right after you bathe. This is an ideal time to apply moisturiser for maximum benefits, as it will capture any water that is left on the skin and seal your pores. Tip – Apply the moisturiser from the bottom to top, don’t tug down on the skin, this will prevent it from sagging. Our natural Shea Butter is a great thick moisturiser that will leave your body feeling soft, supple and moisturised.
• MUSCLE PAIN – A heavy day at work or a trip to the gym can really take its toll on your muscles, causing aches and pains that can last for days. Things like massage can help relieve any pain but can be really expensive each time, so why not try our Muscle & Joint Range in order to prevent muscle stiffness and soreness? These effective products can really help ease the pain without breaking the bank and can last for months.
• RELAX & DETOX – It’s amazing how much benefit we get from such little things and taking a good soak in the bath is one of them. It can help you relax, improve blood circulation, lower our blood pressure, clean the skin, uplift our spirits and helps us to unwind from the stresses of life. Our AA Skincare shower & bath gels are made using the finest natural ingredients they are free from SLS, parabens and artificial fragrance. For extra relaxation, add Epsom salts to your bath to relieve any general aches and pains.
• STIMULATION – Not only does exercise stimulate your body, products like Bristle Back Brushes are a great way to add stimulation whilst in the shower or bath. They help improve the circulation without having to leave your house. Also great to exfoliate dead skin and what’s better, its known for removing cellulite! You can also purchase products that can help with cellulite like our body firming range.
• EXERCISE – Regular exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Not only does regular exercise help you manage your weight and reduce the risk of developing diseases, it can help prevent and treat mental health problems. It can boost your wellbeing and mood.
• SLEEP – Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle and can benefit your heart, weight, mind and more. Scientists have discovered sleep plays a critical role in immune function, metabolism, memory, learning and other vital functions. It’s known that that we need around 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night to function at our best, so get resting! Try adding some drops of Lavender Essential Oil to your pillow to help you drift off.
• EAT WELL – Reap the benefits of eating a well-balanced diet - increased energy levels and strength. We will look healthier, our immune system will be tougher, we will think more clearly and chances of getting diseases will decrease. Don’t try and completely change your eating habits right away, make it a gradual process. There are so many reasons why forming or maintaining a healthy diet can seem like a high mountain to climb, it will be difficult so don’t be too hard on yourself. Start with achieving small goals and once you get comfortable with that you can make long-term goals.
We hope these tips help enhance your overall wellbeing, thank you so much for reading.