Amphora Aromatics: An artist’s guide to the essential festival toiletry kit
Home Pampering Tips With Amphora.
Hygge, pronounced ‘hoo-guh’ is a Danish word for cosiness meaning making yourself comfortable at home. It is currently all the rage in the UK what with the cold and miserable weather upon us. Whether it’s making a coffee or cosing up on the sofa with loved ones, Hygge is being aware of a good moment whether it is simple or special.
So we have got a few tips for you on how to indulge in Hygge this Winter.
• Face masks
Face masks are a good way to relax – I mean, who can resist the relaxation time and skincare benefits? We stock a vast variety of natural face masks catered for your individual skin types. Face masks can help hydrate, moisturise and cleanse the skin as well as uplifting your spirits – especially during the cold weather dry skin can become a problem. Shop Ooharr face masks here and AA Skincare deep cleansing face masks here.
• Hot Baths
Most of us turn to a hot bath for its relaxation purposes as well as having a bit of ‘you time’ and it can really help in many ways, from soothing muscle pain to helping with skin concerns. Especially with it being cold our body becomes much stiffer and sore. It’s perfect for warming yourself up and de-stressing. Why not try an Epsom salt bath with a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil?
Candles can really have a huge impact on our relaxation process. There are many calming effects of candlelight it can reduce stress and increase self-awareness. We all know a scented candle is a great luxury but have you tried essential oil candles? Essential oil candles are a great way to enhance the room with beautiful aromas and to reap all the beneficial therapeutic properties. Bring the tranquil and restorative light of candles into your daily life. Shop essential oil candles here.
The winter month can be a very busy month what with party season near and Christmas around the corner, but not all of us want to be out in this cold weather. A lovely way to relax and socialise, and a huge part of Hygge, is spending time with friends and family even if it is indoors. Pamper evenings are perfect, why not invite your friends round, apply face masks and have a good catch up. Or even snuggle up on the sofa in front of a fire or under a blanket watching a movie and sipping hot chocolate.
Thank you for taking the time to read our latest blog. We hope you manage to indulge in some Hygge soon.
Brand new natural Ooharr clay face masks
Have you seen our new Ooharr face masks?
Treating yourself to a face mask is a great way to treat skin concerns and keep your complexion balanced and healthy. There are plenty of different formulas available, each designed to help certain skin types and we have recently launched our fun, full of goodness and retro-inspired natural face masks and they are only £1.20 a sachet!
Finding the right mask for you is always hard if you are new to face masks so I will be talking about the different face masks, the key ingredients and focusing on their benefits to help get you to the soft, smooth and supple skin you wish for!
Dead Sea Cooler
• Peppermint, Tea Tree and Witch Hazel are the key ingredients in this face mask to help you achieve that brighter and clearer complexion
• Contains Dead Sea salts which helps open pores and detoxify.
• Kaolin Clay is great for deep cleansing as it draws out the impurities and helps reduce the production of sebum.
• Suitable for spot prone and oily skin.
• Rose is the key ingredient which helps to regenerate and renew tired, mature and dry skill cells.
• Intensely nourishing and balancing.
• Protects the skin from environmental damage.
• Contains Dead Sea salts which help open pores, detoxify and moisturise the skin leaving it soft and supple.
• Montmorillonite clay is deep cleansing as well as hydrating to help you achieve rejuvenated skin.
• Suitable for Mature, dry and needing a ‘pick-me-up’ skin.
• Vanilla and Honey are the key ingredients as well as Almond and Argan oil to keep the skin soft, smooth and hydrated.
• Perfect for any skin irritations as Aloe Vera is another ingredient which helps to cool and calm the irritated places.
• Contains Dead Sea Salts to open pores and detoxify the skin.
• Bentonite Clay has a special ability to act as an antibiotic when applied to the skin and can help calm skin infections as well as draw out impurities
• Suitable for dry, sensitive and irritated skin.
Which one will you try?