Displaying items by tag: Exercise
Top Body Care Tips with Amphora Aromatics.
Essential Oils for Sports and Exercise.
New Year, New You
Getting active is often one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions. It’s a great chance to work off the mince pies from the Christmas period and kick-start your year with a more active routine to help you achieve your personal goals.
Whatever it is you set out to achieve, there are a few ways in which essential oils can lend a helping hand and make that gym session just a little easier. Here are our top tips on how to do this :).
• Before your Workout: Essential oils to energize and motivate!
Certainly for me, the hardest part of getting an exercise session in is often simply just getting to the gym or getting yourself outside for a run (especially when the weather is so cold). Often we may feel tired after a long day and work and struggle to get motivated, and this is a when a gentle pick-me-up can work wonders at helping us get out the door.
(1) Peppermint – one of the most invigorating oils! Peppermint can help you to breathe deep and feel refreshed and ready to start your exercise routine.
(2) Rosemary – one of the most stimulating oils. Rosemary can be used to energize the senses and even helps warm up the muscles (by diluting with a carrier oil and massaging onto the muscles before a workout).
You can enjoy the benefits of these oils from inhaling directly from the bottle, placing a few drops onto a handkerchief and taking it with you to the gym. You could also dilute in a carrier oil and add to your wrists and temples before your workout.
• After your workout: Essential Oils to help you recover.
When you increase your physical activity, it’s not uncommon for you to feel the strain on your muscles. Often we can feel aches and pains after an intense exercise session and need a little help to ease the discomfort.
(1) Eucalyptus – a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory. Eucalyptus is a great choice for helping ease muscles pain.
(2) Black Pepper – warming and penetrating. Its antispasmodic properties help to offer relief from muscle spasms and cramps. Try blending with a citrus oil such as Lemon to sweeten the aroma.
(3) Marjoram – also great to use because of its antispasmodic properties. Marjoram’s gentle sedative properties also makes it a great choice to use after a work out to help you wind down and relax.
Get the most out of these oils by adding to a hot bath after your workout or diluting with a carrier oil and applying to the affected area. Massage in gentle circular motions and allow the oils to be absorbed.
We hope your year is getting off to a great start and we wish you all the best with any new year's resolutions you may have! Stay tuned for more from us over the next few weeks.