Simple Sumptuous Face Oil Recipes for Different Skin Types
With the growing popularity of facial oils on the high street, we thought we’d show you just how easy it is to make your own - without the hefty price tag.
• 20ml Grapeseed oil – easily absorbed and a highly moisturising non-allergenic oil.
• 10ml Hazelnut oil - a very light astringent oil, great for balancing oily/combination skin and can help tighten pores and so limit the oil secretion for cleaner, clearer skin.
• 2 Drops of Grapefruit essential oil (energising, toning and cleansing)
• 2 Drops of Eucalyptus essential oil (antiseptic, stimulating and clearing)
• 2 Drops of Juniperberry essential oil (detoxifying and purifying)
Add the oils to a clean bottle and mix well (30mls might not sound like much but a little goes a long way - apply to clean skin).
• 30ml Evening Primrose oil – rich in unsaturated fatty acids and Gamma Linoleic Acid, both can be important for skin health. Has been known to boost circulation and help moisturise the skin.
• 3 Drops of Frankincense essential oil (rejuvenating – excellent for dry and mature skin)
• 2 Drops of Rose Otto diluted absolute (relaxing and uplifting)
A good tip for dry skin is to apply your face oil straight after your toner while your skin is still a little damp. This will help to lock in the moisture.
• 20ml Apricot Kernel oil – a light emollient oil, rich in vitamins and minerals.
• 10ml Avocado oil - absorbs easily into the skin and is transported deep into the tissue. A very thick oil, it can be a little too heavy if used on its own which is why we’re diluting it in Apricot Kernel oil at a 3:1 ratio.
• 3 drops of Neroli diluted absolute essential oil
• 3 drops of Geranium essential oil
• 30ml Rosehip Seed oil – known as the "Wonder Oil" - rejuvenating and regenerating, Rosehip Seed is a light, absorbing quickly into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue. It contains skin repairing vitamin A which can help reduce scars and wrinkles and is a good source of essential fatty acids.
• 3 drops of Grapefruit essential oil (fruity, refreshing and cleansing)
• 3 drops of May Chang essential oil (de-stressing and relaxing)
As always, a skin patch test should be carried out before full usage of any natural product or blend. If irritation occurs, rinse face with cold water.
• 20ml Sesame Seed oil - I have been using Sesame seed oil, one of our lighter carrier oils, which is great for all skin types, including sensitive skin. Rich in vitamin A & E, it is a good choice for those with eczema as it has great healing properties and will help soothe itching, irritated skin.
• 10ml Calendula oil – a soothing and softening oil, great for chapped or broken skin and gentle enough for all skin types.
• 3 drops of Chamomile Maroc essential oil (gentle, soothing and relaxing)
• 3 drops of Lavender essential oil (rejuvenating and calming)
It really is that easy!!