Most of us are always on the look for new beauty products with ingredients to help their skin do exactly as it does on the tin. Look no further than Squalane. This powerhouse ingredient can work wonders for achieving radiant skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles, which is why it’s the one key ingredient in our new Ooharr Cream face masks.
What is Squalane? Squalane is a natural substance manufactured within our skin which has emollient properties. Emollients coat the surface of the skin and help the skin hold on to moisture. They also soften the skin and smooth its surface so the skin looks and feels healthier. Squalene does this without creating a greasy or sticky feel. Because of its emollient properties and ability to enhance the penetration of other ingredients, squalane is found in a variety of cosmetic and personal care products. Squalane is extracted from Vegetable Sources such as Olives, Palm, Rice Bran and Wheatgerm. Be careful you don't get confused with Squalene - the cousin to Squalane. Squalene is extracted from the liver organs of deep sea sharks like Chimaeras, Gulper Sharks, Kitefin Sharks and Portuguese dogfish and in case you are wondering yes, we only use 100% plant-derived Squalane in our products! Squalane has a shelf life of over 2 years and does not oxidize quickly with exposure to air as the ratios of fatty acids and Squalane are very similar to those of sebum. This is why Squalane is the most common out of the two in cosmetic use.
The benefits of Squalane;
• Stimulates better blood circulation to rejuvenate skin tone.
• Improves the moisture balance and elasticity to heal chapped and cracked skin.
• Protects the skin from environmental stressors that lead to premature aging.
• Diminishes the production of excess oil, which is a welcome effect among acne suffers with oily skin.
• It feeds important processes in the skin cells so that those cells continue reproducing, ultimately guarding healthy and smooth skin from wrinkles and age spots.
Thanks for reading and keep updated on our latest offers and competitions by following our Facebook & Twitter pages.